Fiordland Lobster headers 6

Our Product Rock Lobster

The Fiordland rock lobster, known as Jasus edwardsii, lives in the coastal waters of New Zealand and is renowned as a delicacy particularly in China which is Fiordland Lobster’s key market.

The lobster is caught in both the South and North Islands with 70% of Fiordland Lobster’s catch coming from the southern waters in the Fiordland region and the remaining 30% further north particularly off the Wairarapa coast and Mahia.

The priority for Fiordland Lobster is the quality of the product and once caught the fish are landed at holding depots and swum in tanks before being transported to the company’s export facilities in Christchurch, Dunedin, Wellington and Mount Manganui. Experienced staff painstakingly monitor and manage the process from landing to export at the Christchurch and Auckland International airports to ensure the lobster is in perfect condition on arrival in the marketplace.